Theatre Royal Stratford East (TRSE) Terms and Conditions
At Stratford East, we aim to create a culture and atmosphere that feels safe and welcoming to all, locals and visitors alike.
We ask that all visitors dress in a manner that is not intended to cause offence or displays threatening, abusive, or insulting language.
No items (such as posters, banners or leaflets) for use in fundraising, campaigns or demonstrations may be brought onto the Stratford East site. Please do not fundraise, demonstrate, distribute or display campaigning material without prior written agreement.
Our ticket prices are subject to change as the theatre fills. We always recommend booking early to secure the best seats at the best price.
- TRSE (we) reserve the right to:
- make alterations to these T&Cs at any time;
- make any alterations to the advertised programme or casting rendered necessary by unavoidable causes;
- request any ticket holder to leave the theatre and take appropriate action to enforce this right;
- refuse admission or eject from the venue any person that it believes is likely to cause a nuisance, disturbance or threat to other audience members, the venue or its employees;
- refuse admission to the auditorium of latecomers or delay entry until a suitable break or interval of the performance (if any);
- refuse re-admission to the auditorium for those leaving the auditorium during a performance or delay re-entry until a suitable break or interval of the performance (if any);
- refuse admission to anyone whose tickets have been purchased through an unauthorised agency or third party; and
- rescind a membership or gift membership should the recipient contravene our terms of sale.
- refuse entry to anyone under the age of 16 who is not accompanied by an adult.
- Tickets and Booking
- Every member of the audience must have a valid ticket for the date and time that they are attending to gain entry to the theatre and be able to produce I.D. to support a concessionary or discounted rate.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all tickets issued to you are accurate, and that personal information provided when making a booking is correct.
- TRSE will not be responsible for any ticket that is lost, stolen or destroyed. This includes tickets lost in the post. It is not always possible to issue duplicate tickets and will be issued at the discretion of the TRSE.
- TRSE reserves the right to provide alternative seats at a performance to those specified on the ticket if the staging of the performance reasonably requires, provided the alternative seats are of no less value to that stated on the ticket.
- No tickets may be re-sold for any reason by any outlet other than TRSE or one of its authorised ticket agents (unauthorised outlets include websites such as auction sites). Failure to comply will make this ticket void.
- Whilst TRSE takes responsibility for tickets purchased directly through TRSE, the theatre website and authorised ticket agencies, we will not be responsible for tickets that have been sold through unauthorised methods.
- Bookers with tickets purchased through an unauthorised vendor will not in any circumstances receive an exchange or refund from TRSE.
- TRSE reserves the right to place restrictions on the volume of tickets that may be ordered through the Box Office or online.
- When making a booking the booker accepts our terms and conditions on behalf of all members of their party.
- Any ticket cannot be used for advertising, promotions, contests or sweepstakes, unless formal written permission is given by TRSE, provided that even if such consent is obtained, use of TRSE’s trademarks and other intellectual property is subject to its prior consent.
- Age guidance for productions can be found on TRSE’s website and this should be consulted, or an enquiry made to TRSE’s box office staff, before you purchase a ticket. If you would like to know more about material featured in a production that may cause distress, an enquiry should be made to TRSE’s box office staff before you purchase a ticket.
- Children aged 16 or above can see a show independently. All children under 16 need to be accompanied in the auditorium throughout the performance by an adult aged 18 or above.
- Price and Payment
- The price of the ticket shall be the price set at the time TRSE accepts your order. All prices set are inclusive of any applicable taxes, booking and collection fees but exclusive of delivery fees.
- Theatre Tokens can be used to purchase tickets in person at TRSE’s box office or when booking via telephone with TRSE’s box office.
- TRSE reserves the right to cancel any booking which TRSE reasonably suspects to have been made fraudulently.
- All discounts and promotions are subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice. All discounts and promotions are not valid in conjunction with any other offer or retrospectively. If drinks are offered as part of a promotion, unless otherwise stated they will be for house spirits, beers or wines. These cannot be substituted and can only be supplied to individuals who can prove that they are over 18 years old. Full conditions will be published with any advertised discounts and promotions.
- TRSE reserves the right to sell tickets at different prices at different times and on different dates as availability for a performance changes.
- Education group bookings may be reserved and paid for via invoice. Payment must be made before the performance and generally within 2 weeks of reservation. TRSE will give a clear deadline for payment, and if payment is not received before the deadline, TRSE reserves the right to release the tickets for sale.
- Exchanges, cancellations and refunds
- Tickets cannot be refunded unless a performance is cancelled. In the event of an abandoned performance (i.e. that is stopped part way through), bookers will first be offered the opportunity to exchange tickets for another performance; a refund will be issued for an abandoned performance if there are no alternative tickets or if the booker is not able to attend an alternative performance.
- In extenuating circumstances, requests for ticket exchanges may be approved at TRSE's sole discretion and subject to availability. An exchange request must be filed with the Box Office at least 48 hours before the day of the performance. A fee of £2.50 will be charged for any exchanges.
- If the performance has sold out and you no longer wish to use your ticket(s), TRSE, at is sole discretion, may attempt to re-sell your ticket(s). TRSE makes no guarantee that it will re-sell your ticket(s). If TRSE does re-sell your ticket(s), the full cost of the ticket(s) will be paid to you in cash, not including the value of any delivery fees or other fees previously charged. Cash will be held for collection at TRSE’s box office for one week following the performance date.
- TRSE does not generally have understudies and so it may be necessary to cancel a performance at short notice due to cast illness. For this reason please ensure the Box Office has your correct contact details.
- In the event of a cancelled performance no travel costs or other expenses incurred as part of your visit to TRSE will be refunded.
- Ticket Delivery
- For performances taking place more than 5 working days following the purchase date of the ticket(s), you can elect to have your ticket(s) posted to a UK postal address for a cost of £1 per order. TRSE shall send tickets by first-class post, dispatching tickets within 3 working days of the purchase date.
- Other products such as books and playtexts which are purchased from TRSE will be posted within 5 working days by first-class post, subject to availability. The cost of postage and packaging is additional where applicable.
- TRSE will not accept responsibility for documents mislaid or lost in the post.
- For performances taking place less than 5 working days following the purchase date of the ticket(s) or at your election, ticket(s) will be held for collection on the day of the Event at the box office of the Venue.
- If you are collecting your ticket(s) from the TRSE box office, you must have your acknowledgement of order and the credit/debit card used to make the order with you.
- General Terms of Admission
- Our latecomers policy is dependent on the production. Latecomers may be asked to wait in the foyer until an appropriate moment in the performance to admit them to the auditorium. If there is no appropriate moment or admittance will cause disruption latecomers may be refused admission. There is a monitor in the foyer where latecomers can view the performance. No refund or exchange will be offered in this instance.
- Audience members who leave the auditorium once the performance has started may be asked to wait in the foyer until an appropriate moment in the performance to be re-admitted. If there is no appropriate moment or admittance will cause disruption, re-admittance may be refused. There is a monitor in the foyer where the performance can be viewed. No refund or exchange will be offered in this instance.
- Filming, photography or audio in the foyer or during a performance are strictly prohibited unless written permission has been granted by the marketing department. TRSE reserves the right to delete or destroy and such recorded material made without permission.
- TRSE may carry out general filming, sound recording or photography in or around the venue. By purchasing tickets or visiting the bar you and your party are consenting to being filmed, recorded or photographed.
- Mobile phones, pagers, watches and other portable electrical devices must be silenced, including vibration functions, before entering the auditorium, unless you are informed otherwise.
- Smoking is prohibited within the building.
- Buggies and large bags may be left with the Ushers at the owner’s own risk during the performance. We do not have a cloakroom so any bags and coats will need to be taken into the auditorium during the performance.
- Strobe lighting, smoke effects and gunshots are sometimes used in productions. Signs will be displayed informing you of this in advance.
- Security and Safety
- The obstruction of gangways, access-ways, exits, entrances or staircases, congregating in non-designated areas or seeking entry to seats or areas for which you do not hold a ticket is strictly forbidden.
- Whilst not currently standard practice, TRSE reserves the right to conduct bag searches for security purposes.
- Glasses, bottles, cameras and recording equipment are not allowed in the auditorium, and drinks may be carried in plastic cups provided.
- Hot food is not permitted in the auditorium. Please remember any food/sweets in noisy wrappers may disturb the performers and other members of the audience.
- There are no cloakroom facilities at Theatre Royal Stratford East.
- The following are not permitted within TRSE’s premises:
- animals (with the exception assistance dogs);
- laser pens;
- Your own food and drink (unless permitted by the Venue);
- bottles, cans or glass containers (unless permitted by the Venue);
- any item which may be interpreted as a potential weapon including sharp or pointed objects (e.g. knives); and
- illegal substances.
- Health and Safety
- Ticket holders must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and TRSE regulations whilst attending the Event.
- Personal Details and Data Protection
- TRSE is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage of your personal belongings, other than caused as a result of TRSE’s negligence or other breach of statutory duty.
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions seeks to exclude or limit TRSE’s liability for death or personal injury caused by TRSE’s negligence, fraud or other type of liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
- Dispute Resolution
- TRSE will attempt to settle it any dispute arising from these conditions. To this end TRSE shall use our reasonable endeavours to consult or negotiate in good faith, and attempt to reach a just and equitable settlement satisfactory to both parties.
- Although this does not restrict Your rights to pursue court proceedings, if TRSE is unable to settle any dispute by negotiation within 21 days, the parties may attempt to settle it by mediation. To, initiate a mediation a party must give written notice to the other parties to the dispute requesting a mediation.
When booking tickets it is possible to make a donation to Theatre Royal Stratford East which will be added to your order total. If you wish to make a donation please let the Box Office Assistant know during your call or add an amount to your basket online.
We rely on voluntary donations to make our work happen. From maintaining the upkeep of our building, built in 1884, to subsidising education workshops, helping to fund writers groups and working with playwrights and local artists, your support makes a much-needed contribution to everything we do, culminating with the plays we produce on stage.
We are a charity and it is possible to Gift Aid any donation that you give to us. If you wish to Gift Aid your donation please click the relevant tick box on the Donation page. Click Here for more information regarding Gift Aid.
- These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use this site after any variation has been posted.