The full address of the theatre is:
Theatre Royal Stratford East
Gerry Raffles Square
Once you get to Stratford, there are three easy ways to reach Theatre Royal Stratford East, all taking less than five minutes.
- From Stratford Station
Leave Stratford Station and walk through Stratford Centre, which is a shopping mall located across the road from the front of the station (not the same as the Westfield shopping mall).
Once you reach the centre of the mall, take a left. Keep going until you reach the end of this passageway—there’s a Peacocks at the end.
This will bring you to the exit of Stratford Centre and the back of Theatre Royal Stratford East. Continue walking and you’ll see the theatre’s bar, and then the front entrance and Box Office of the theatre.
To get to the theatre from Stratford High Street, walk to Stratford Centre, turn right, and walk through the centre until you reach the exit, leading to the back of the theatre.
One other way of getting to the theatre is to turn left out of Stratford Station and walk past the steps and escalators leading to Westfield until you reach Great Eastern Road. Walk along this road until you see the vertical sign for Theatre Square. Theatre Royal Stratford East is located across the road to your right, near the Picturehouse.
Theatre Royal Stratford East is easily accessible by road:
- from the West via the Bow Flyover
- from South via the Blackwall Tunnel or the Rotherhithe Tunnel
- from the North via the North Circular
- from the East via the A12
There is no parking at Theatre Royal Stratford East and a clamping scheme is in operation within the area. We are situated next to the large pay & display multi-storey car park above Stratford Centre. You can find details of this car park and other car parks in the area at the Newham Council web site.
You can reach Stratford on the following buses: 25, 69, 86, 97, 104, 108, 158, 238, 241, 257, 262, 276, 308, 339, 425, 473, D8, N8, N86
Stratford Station is served by National Rail (Greater Anglia, London Overground, and c2c), the Docklands Light Railway, and the Central and Jubilee lines (zone 2).
- Central Line direct to Stratford: 20 minutes from the West End.
- Jubilee Line direct to Stratford: 20 minutes from Waterloo.
- District Line to Mile End, then change to Central Line for one stop to Stratford: 20 minutes from Barking, Essex.
- Docklands Light Railway: 23 minutes from Greenwich; 10 minutes from Poplar.
- Overground: 15 minutes from Highbury & Islington.
- National Express East Anglia trains run from Norwich, Ipswich and Southend Victoria to Stratford and on to Liverpool Street: 8 minutes from Liverpool Street.