The health, safety and well-being of our audiences, artists and staff is of paramount importance. We're taking every measure to ensure everyone feels safe and welcome when visiting Stratford East.
All safety measures will be reviewed and updated as government guidelines change
- Please do not attend the theatre if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms. We have updated our exchange policy to give you maximum flexibility and confidence when booking. Our friendly box office team will be happy to help. Find out more here.
- We ask that all audience members wear a face covering when moving around the building and when in the theatre (except when eating or drinking, as needed). Members of staff will also be wearing face coverings. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, our box office team can provide you with a sticker to indicate this if you would like one.
- Contactless tickets - you can access your e-ticket from your Stratford East account. You do not need to print your e-ticket. If we have your mobile number on record you'll also receive your e-ticket via text.
- We will be accepting both cash and card payments, and encourage audience members to use contactless card payments where possible
- Hand-sanitising stations will be available throughout the building.
- While we no longer need to operate under previous social distancing guidelines, we encourage all staff and visitors to respect other people's space and to be considerate of others.
- Enhanced cleaning throughout the building
- Our Bar will be open pre and post show.
- A small selection of snacks and drinks can be purchased from our kiosk.
- Food will be available from Island Vibez Kitchen's new Roti Shack, located just outside the Bar.
We have also carried out a risk assessment for employees working within our building and are committed to maintaining a safe workplace and to meeting our duty of care to our employees. Key steps that we are taking cover:
- Self-declarations for staff and visitors regarding health.
- Increased cleaning, hand sanitizer stations across the building and sign posting for employees on hand washing.
- Whilst, under government guidelines, social distancing and wearing a face covering are not mandatory, we are still encouraging our staff to wear them in busy or enclosed spaces, unless they are exempt.
- Regular Lateral flow testing for staff.
- Asking our staff to declare their vaccination status so that we can create bespoke risk assessments and mitigate the risk of exposure to Covid-19 for our employees.
We will regularly review our risk assessments and update these as we gradually reopen the building to the public. If you have any questions regarding our safety measures, then please contact email@example.com
Social Distancing Performances
Most performances are on sale without social distancing and will happen in line with government regulations at the time of the performance. We will update our audiences if regulations change.
We understand some of our visitors are not ready to return to busy theatres, so we've made a few performances socially distanced for our remaining shows in 2021. These performances will have a gap of at least 1 metre between customer groups and the overall capacity will be under 30%. To find out which dates are available, please visit the show pages for SHINING CITY and RED RIDING HOOD. We are offering free exchanges for alternative performances of the same show for those who have already booked those performances and would prefer to attend on a busier night.