NMDC EMERGE Concert Call for Writers
The New Musical Development Collective launched this past March with the aim of providing dramaturgy and development through the UK’s first ever MT writers group that supports a diverse group of writers over the course of a year while in residence at a major London venue dedicated to producing new musicals.
NMDC’s first year includes two additional programmes: EMERGE and Think Tank (more info at www.nmdc.co.uk).
EMERGE is a concert series focused on presenting the talents of new writers and actors who have yet to be seen or heard. It is a chance for you to have your talents shared in a London venue to an audience of peers, friends, and industry professionals.
We’ll provide the rehearsal space, marketing, and venue. You give us your talent to share with London. The concerts will be held on:
• May 29, 2017 @ 7.30PM - Theatre Royal Stratford East’s Gerry’s Studio
• October 9, 2017 @ 7.30PM - Theatre Royal Stratford East’s Gerry’s Studio
We are also using this opportunity to meet potential writers for our second NMDC MT-Lab writers group. We are currently looking for writers for our first EMERGE.
What to do:
• Have at least 15 minutes of material to share (about 3 songs)
• You must not have any professional productions (more than 3 weeks and reviewed) or had your work showcased in a public ticketed concert.
• To give a face to your work we will be asking you to play for your set (or to arrange someone who can play for you). There will be no band. Just you and a piano and some fabulous voices.
• You must be available for the rehearsals, run through, and concert. We’re celebrating you so we want you to be there!
• Submit the 15 minutes of material you would want to share by sending files or links to email@example.com [please put EMERGE WRITER in the subject line]
DEADLINE: 24 April Midnight.